Community

Collegiate Esports Gain National Tournament Support

Collegiate esports have remained fairly niche in the industry despite acquiring support from some larger organizations such as Evil Geniuses. Now, a new tournament series supported by the Gaming Community Network (GCN) and Van Wagner will be “the most-comprehensive, large-scale national esports tournament[s] to reach the collegiate marketplace.” Each event…

Never Enough Time: The Dangers of Crunch In The Game Industry

If you’re a part of video game fan communities on the internet, you’ve probably heard the word “crunch” tossed around. As large game studios’ practices and proceedings have come into light in recent years, crunch has become a much more talked about part of making games. As fun and exciting…

Red Dead America: Esports, Gaming, and Academics

Talk with any collegiate esports coach across the nation, and you’ll soon find that their lists of responsibilities expand beyond coaching their teams. Esports coaches are often collaborating with many different departments within their institutions, the most common being academics.  While many coaches stipulate a minimum GPA requirement for students…

RMTV 2.0 With Dr. Dennis Rebelo Launches March 15

Episode 2 of RMTV 2.0 is coming out on March 15 and we’re so excited to dig into the experience of Dr. Dennis Rebelo! Dr. Rebelo is a professor, speaker, and career coach. He is the creator of the Peak Storytelling model, his research-based method for crafting the narrative of…

XP League Teams Up With Ritual Motion to Launch Virtual Coaching App

XP League, an esports league that is modeled after classic youth sports organizations, has been bridging the gap between esports and parents. The company utilizes coach and player training “custom-tailored by the PCA, Aim Lab,” and program directors to help anyone become a coach. Now, XP League is partnering with…

Representation From the Eyes of the Represented

Until a couple of years ago, I have never worried about representation in video games. If I’m being completely honest with you all, it’s just never something that crossed my mind. Until recent years, it’s just not a topic I felt like I needed to bother myself with. That’s because…

What Video Games are Coming in March? – Part Two

Video games are coming in hot throughout March. Over 30 titles, either brand new or existing games expanding to other platforms, will be released in the upcoming month. Check out Part Two of the entire list below! Maglam Lord (PlayStation 4, Switch) – March 18   Marvel’s Avengers (PlayStation 5,…

What Video Games are Coming in March? – Part One

Video games are coming in hot throughout March. Over 30 titles, either brand new or existing games expanding to other platforms, will be released in the upcoming month. Check out Part One of the entire list below! Harvest Moon: One World (Switch) – March 2   Neptunia Virtual Stars (PlayStation…

Gamers are Active: A Short History of Exercise Games

We’ve all seen the stereotype before: gamers are sluggish, chubby, and just plain out-of-shape. That’s been around since the earliest days of gaming, lumped in with the stereotype of the young, white, male gamer. Eventually it morphed into something a little different: the stereotype of gamers who loves junk food,…