Community

Video Games to Buy in February – Part One

Video games have a busy month to look forward to in February! Here’s part one of the titles you should look out for next month: Control (PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X/S) – February 2 Control, developed by Remedy Entertainment, originally arrived in 2019 on the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and…

Forbes 30 Under 30 Games: Shining A Spotlight On Gaming

Each year, the annual Forbes 30 Under 30 list celebrates notable entrepreneurs, businesspeople, and “movers and shakers” from a variety of industries. In recent years, Forbes has added a gaming category to the list, choosing thirty exceptional people under the age of 30 and highlighting their achievements and future potential…

Enter Ritual Motion’s Black History Month Essay Contest

Are you a gaming or esports writer in the Black community? Ritual Motion is hosting its first Black History Month essay contest, and submissions are open! The top essays in the competition will be published on Ritual Motion’s site with a dedicated byline. The top three will also earn cash…

Ritual Motion’s College Fair is Welcoming Exhibitors

Ritual Motion is proud to announce its first-ever Esports College Fair to be hosted on March 27 and 28, 2021! This virtual event is being created with the goal of connecting colleges and universities who feature on-campus esports teams and clubs with prospective student player-athletes. The two-day event will feature…

Ritual Motion Will Be At PGC Digital in February

Ritual Motion is heading to PGC Digital! On February 8-12, Pocket Gamer Connects will be opening its virtual doors to host an amazing lineup of panels, networking opportunities, and indie pitches. I’ll be speaking in two different panels at the event with an incredible roster of talent in the esports…

Gamers Outreach Brings Joy Through Gamers For Giving 2021

Of all of the great charities in the gaming and esports worlds, there is one that stands out the most in my eyes: Gamers Outreach.  Their mission is simple and straightforward: bring the joy of gaming to children with extended stays in hospitals. With the creation of their GO Karts,…

Women in Esports Partners With Rix.GG for Valorant Tournament

In 2019, the British Esports Association announced its Women in Esports initiative to promote inclusivity and diversity in the esports industry. Since then, Women in Esports has helped increase female participation in the industry. Now, it has announced a partnership with UK esports organization Rix.GG to host a women’s Valorant…

The Ritual Motion Esports College Fair Arrives in March

Ritual Motion’s first ever Esports College Fair is launching on March 27 and 28! The virtual event will connect colleges and universities that feature on-campus esports teams and clubs with prospective students. The two-day event will feature speakers and collegiate esports programs as exhibitors. Prospective students will have the chance…

Leonhart Used Pokémon Cards to Raise Over $400k for Mental Health

Leonhart, one of the most popular Pokémon card content creators, delivered a major (and desperately needed) dose of positivity in 2020. As someone who has returned to collecting cards (I’m addicted), his videos have been a lifesaver during the pandemic. With card openings from the latest Pokémon sets to the…

Animal Crossing Has Been a Vital Connection in the Pandemic

Animal Crossing: New Horizons hasn’t been just another Nintendo release. In 2020, it became a major bridge of connectivity between friends and family who couldn’t see each other thanks to the dangers of the pandemic. In the early days of COVID-19, the game’s portal of creativity helped players develop unique…

The Responsibility of the Gaming Influencer

Gaming Influencers need to get their act together. I need you to know my brain is thinking another word, but I’m typing “act” because this is my second article on Ritual Motion and, while I’m not 100% positive, I’m like 99.9% sure no-no words aren’t allowed. Before we dive deeper…

Games Done Quick: A Massive Effort by the Speedrunning Community

Awesome Games Done Quick (AGDQ) 2021 Online is right around the corner (Jan 3rd-10th), and is one of the most exciting charity speedrunning events of the year benefitting Prevent Cancer Foundation. Although AGDQ is usually in-person, due to current events, it will take place online, making it the second major…