Community

XP League to Host In-Person Esports Event in 2021

XP League in partnership with Carolina Games Summit will co-host the first major in-person esports event in 2021 at the Raleigh Convention Center from August 6-8. XP League will be hosting its inaugural North American Finals while the Carolina Games Summit will host its 15th annual esports and gaming event….

Can’t Sleep? Here Are Five Great Games For Insomniacs

Picture this: it’s late at night and you’re trying to get some rest, but you can’t seem to get any sleep. You keep tossing and turning, anticipating that big work meeting, final paper, or other gigantic task that you’ve been dreading for weeks. You know you need to get some…

So You Want To Be An Esports Writer

Have you ever read an article or piece of writing about esports and thought, “Wow, I want to do that!”? Along with the meteoric rise of esports, the field of esports writing and journalism has exploded in the past few years. As tournaments and competitions have gotten bigger and flashier,…

Purposeful Play: Finding Balance Between Esports and College

Thanks to their ballooning worldwide popularity, esports have extended into the collegiate space over the last several years. Schools have started and managed their own teams to compete in tournaments hosted by organizations like CSL Esports and Tespa; the biggest schools are even offering scholarships to prospective players. The amount…

Playing for Pride is Returning This June!

The 2nd annual Playing for Pride event is coming June 18, 19, and 20! In 2020, we joined forces with the Stonewall Community Foundation to celebrate Pride digitally during the pandemic. Our global gaming event helped celebrate and support the LGBTQ+ community through the world’s largest ‘Digital Pride’ gaming tournament,…

The RM GUILD Kick Off Party Happens Tonight

RM GUILD is launching tonight and you’re invited! We’re so excited to introduce a groundbreaking new way to promote and amplify voices all for the good of gamers. RM GUILD—Gamers United In Live Discussion—begins with a kick off party tonight at 8 PM EST with a live stream event featuring…

Relax With These Calming Video Game Soundtracks

Back in December, I watched and covered The Game Awards for the very first time. As I got the stream all set up on my iPad and finished up another story before the show began, I couldn’t help but notice that the powerful orchestra music during the show’s countdown made…

Games On (Big) Screens: What Makes A Good Video Game Movie?

When Warcraft, the simply-titled movie adaptation of the original Warcraft game, was announced, fans were cautiously optimistic. Gaming movies have struggled since enterprising creatives and Hollywood execs first tried to combine the two mediums, but the backing of Blizzard, a studio known for its character and storytelling prowess, made many hope that…

Collegiate Valorant League ‘CF1 Esports’ to Unite Schools

The expansion of the esports industry over the last five years has been amazing to watch. To see how much it has infiltrated into the mainstream of society is something people have wished for years. The growth and expansion that games, teams, and leagues are seeing is truly a sight…

Watch the Ritual Motion Esports College Fair On-Demand

The first ever Ritual Motion Esports College Fair happened over March 27-28! Over 500 students registered with over 30 colleges and universities acting as exhibitors. If you missed the sessions, you can access all of them here. Session One – Watch Here Session One kicked off our college fair with…