Community

Representation From the Eyes of the Represented

Until a couple of years ago, I have never worried about representation in video games. If I’m being completely honest with you all, it’s just never something that crossed my mind. Until recent years, it’s just not a topic I felt like I needed to bother myself with. That’s because…

What Video Games are Coming in March? – Part Two

Video games are coming in hot throughout March. Over 30 titles, either brand new or existing games expanding to other platforms, will be released in the upcoming month. Check out Part Two of the entire list below! Maglam Lord (PlayStation 4, Switch) – March 18   Marvel’s Avengers (PlayStation 5,…

What Video Games are Coming in March? – Part One

Video games are coming in hot throughout March. Over 30 titles, either brand new or existing games expanding to other platforms, will be released in the upcoming month. Check out Part One of the entire list below! Harvest Moon: One World (Switch) – March 2   Neptunia Virtual Stars (PlayStation…

Gamers are Active: A Short History of Exercise Games

We’ve all seen the stereotype before: gamers are sluggish, chubby, and just plain out-of-shape. That’s been around since the earliest days of gaming, lumped in with the stereotype of the young, white, male gamer. Eventually it morphed into something a little different: the stereotype of gamers who loves junk food,…

NAECAD to launch 4th Annual Regional Clinic on March 3-5

The National Association of Esports Coaches and Directors (NAECAD), is the “primary professional organization for competitive esports coaches and directors at all levels of competitive play.” The organization’s fourth annual NAECAD Clinic will be held virtually on March 3-5, 2021. The clinic will contain over 50 sessions, with attendees normally…

Should Ninja Be the One to Teach Kids About Social Issues?

Ninja, or Tyler Blevins in real life, is the closest thing gaming and esports has to a “mainstream” star. The 29 year old gamer has a long history in esports, first as a professional Halo player before transferring his skills to Fortnite. His explosion of fame may have solidified his…

National Girls and Women in Sports (and Esports) Day

National Girls and Women in Sports Day is being celebrated today! All of us here at Ritual Motion are also recognizing women in esports. Below is a collection of content centered around women and the amazing things they are doing in the industry. Avori Henderson Talks Women in Games, Breaking…

Emuhleet: Breaking Barriers and Finding Balance in Esports

Emmalee “Emuhleet” Garrido is a name you’re probably already familiar with. The five-time world champion and captain of Dignitas Fe Valorant and CSGO is a long-time figure in the esports industry. She has carved out an incredible path in esports, but it’s a path that has been anything but easy….

Evil Geniuses Announce Co-Ed Valorant Team

Evil Geniuses (EG) made waves when it became the first major organization to construct a professional co-ed Valorant team. While other organizations like Dignitas have developed all-female teams, and historically, this has been a normal split in competitive play. There have been some instances where women have played roles in…

Video Games to Buy in February – Part Two

February promises to be a busy month for video games, with a variety of titles for every console! Here is part two of what you’ll see in the coming month: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury (Switch) – February 12 If you’re an avid Nintendo fan then you’re probably…