Community

Super Smash Bros. to Smash Out Breast Cancer This Month

As a proud partner of the National Breast Cancer Foundation, Inc., Ritual Motion is excited to host Smash Out Breast Cancer, a Super Smash Bros. tournament to help raise breast cancer awareness. The open tournament format will be held at Smash.gg/SOBC, where players can compete for cash and prizes from…

Introducing our VP of Content, Crystal Mills

Dear Esports and Gaming Enthusiasts, I’m so excited to meet all of you! My name is Crystal Mills, and I’m honored to be Ritual Motion’s new VP of Content. I’ve been a writer and editor in esports for over 10 years, where I have worked with organizations such as OpTic…

Game Pink Will Raise Money and Fight Breast Cancer on October 3

According to the National Breast Cancer Foundation, Inc. (NBCF), there are an estimated 276,480 new cases of invasive breast cancer that will be diagnosed in 2020 alone. With the exception of skin cancer, breast cancer is the most common cancer among American women. It’s a disease that has touched nearly…

The Top Varsity Esports Players in the U.S.

High school and college varsity programs across the country are picking up some major steam and making big headway in the esports industry. Some of those programs have scored big already—a few of which we highlighted in our list of the top 5 college esports programs in the United States—but…

More Than Meets the Eye: Player One LFG

Where it Began When I was in high school, I spent approximately 4-8 hours a day (if not more) playing video games. My two favorites were World of Warcraft (WoW) and League of Legends (LoL). Unfortunately, I didn’t know of many students in my school who also shared my interest….

The Top 5 College Esports Programs in the U.S.

As esports continues to grow in popularity, the number of colleges and universities with varsity teams also continues to grow. Since 2018, the number of colleges and universities with official varsity esports programs that are members of the National Association of Collegiate Esports (NACE) has risen from 125 to 175—that’s…

The Importance of Uniforms in Team Sports

Unity. Similarity. Fellowship. Cohesion. Solidarity. Identity. Camaraderie. Excellence. In whatever form you see them—be that for Olympic athletes, mail carriers, doctors, or your favorite esports teams—uniforms present a sense of all these words. And these words, and the feelings they provoke, do a lot of good for teams in a…

The Organizations Driving Varsity Esports

Over the last several years, high schools and colleges across the country have started embracing varsity esports, establishing teams and investing in their infrastructure and growth. This year, with so many activities moved online, that investment has taken on new meaning, and as the varsity season gets ready to kick…

The Growth of Varsity Esports in the U.S.

Video gaming is well past the basement-playing-only days. And by “past,” we mean way, way, way past. Today, video gaming happens on massive stages, jumbotrons, and online platforms viewed by millions. It has professional leagues upon leagues, championships upon championships, and a population of gamers numbering well over 2 billion….