Are you a gaming or esports writer in the Black community? Ritual Motion is hosting its first Black History Month essay contest, and submissions are open! The top essays in the competition will be published on Ritual Motion’s site with a dedicated byline. The top three will also earn cash prizes. In addition, those who have top essays can earn the opportunity to continue as a regular paid Ritual Motion contributor!
- U.S. Residents only
- 18 years and older
- Only essays submitted by those in the Black community will be accepted
- Essay must be between 600-800 words
- All essays must be submitted by February 11
- Only one prompt can be chosen (listed below)
- Email your submission as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “BHM Essay Submission.”
- In the body of your email, include the following:
- Your name
- Social media links
- Short bio/headshot to use if published
- Winners will be announced on February 15, with pieces to be published and highlighted throughout the final two weeks of February.
Prompts (only choose one):
- How can gaming organizations and esports influencers help combat racism and promote diversity? What organizations or influencers are already promoting diversity and inclusion?
- What barriers have you experienced as someone trying to enter the industry? How have you overcome them?
- If you could have any job in gaming/esports, what would it be? How would you plan to change and advance the industry?
- 1st: $150
- 2nd: $100
- 3rd: $50
- Top Essays: Publication w/ highlight on Ritual Motion’s website and social media platforms